Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What I am thankful for

I am writing something that I normally do not put on here since this is about my life with my son, but I thought I would tell the story of Justice. I got pregnant with a baby and after 4-5 months I lost the baby due to a miscarriage that was one of the hardest days of my life. I wanted my child so much and then it is gone. I cried and did not know what else to do, so my husband decided that we should go to Winthrop with a few friends to get my mind off of things and to try and have some fun since this was all going on during July. So we packed up my car and his truck with the boat behind and headed to Winthrop. We had a wonderful weekend and when we came home I found out that I was pregnant again. So I just lost a baby a week before and now I was pregnant again. I had mixed feelings because I did not want to loose another one and with choices I made when I was younger I was not sure if I was going to loose another one. The choices are not something that I am going to go into detail about because those are something that I am not proud of and wished never happened, but I can not change that now. So I went to the doctor like I am supposed to when I am pregnant and then found out that I had gestational diabetes. Wonderful something else to deal with, but it was something that I could control with a diet, which I did. The pregnancy went wonderful. I went to my eight month appointment exacutally to the day so Justice should have been born on April 6 well needless to say at this appointment I was dialated to three already, my doctor said in a week to two my son should be born, so I went home and tried to finish the last minuet things that needed to be done. Well that night at 11 my water broke and at 7:19 the next morning Justice celebrated his first birthday. I was scared since he was premature but that was alright since he was healthy and already at 6pound 7 ounces and like 21 inches long. He was perfect. The doctor said since he was premature that I would have to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 48 hours, but that was not the case they sent me home in less than 24. It was so wonderful to be able to come home and be with my son. Well that is my story and the rest is only memories.



I am thankful for my son and my wonderful family, with out them I would not be the person that I am today. My son has changed me in many ways that I am not sure if he will ever know how and why, but he is loved and cherished.
I am thankful for my husband for excepting me for who and what I am and not holding my past against me even the deep secrets that I have about some of it.

0 comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates